Monday, September 26, 2011

Just Being Childish for a While

It was Monday, and I was on time for office.
As I moved out of my apartment with my bike, I saw some neighborhood kids approximately 4 to 5 yr old playing. They were curiously looking at some creepy little insect lying on road. 

While I was wearing scarf and helmet, I was also watching the kids.
What I saw was very funny. Out of the four kids, one kid would touch the creepy thing lying on road, and the next moment the other kids would scream scarily and then all of them would burst out laughing. This went on for quite some time turn by turn.
I smiled at them, and then sat on my bike. In a moment, the kids gave me a hint to take a close look at the creepy crawling thing.


I gave them a skeptical smile and waved bye at them while I started my bike. (Well, there was no way; I was going to touch that creepy thing or even see it… yuk.)
The kids requested me again to look at the creepy thing for just once. Looking at their cute little faces, I got off my bike, walked towards them, and bent down to find out, the entertainer.

Before I could even say a word, one kid said… “Didi, don’t be scared. Just touch it once”. In a moment, the other two kids started pulling me down to sit with them. By then, I was on the dusty road, sitting on my toes not thinking of my ironed clothes!
For a moment, I thought that, the kids were playing a prank. On second thought, I was totally convinced that it was a prank. I soon realized that the creepy thingy was a rubber made insect! Eeww, it looked very scary! I soon decided to let the kids have their piece of fun, by showing them that I was scared :p 

One of the kids clutched my hand and guided it towards the creepy thing lying on the road. Each time my hand moved a bit closer to the creepy thing, I pulled it back. Then, the kid would again drag my hand towards the creepy thing.
When my hand was just 1 inch away from that creepy thing, the other kid suddenly screamed aloud. I got scared, and I actually sat on the road. The other two kids joined me on road but rolling out laughing. One kid picked up the creepy thing and came towards me… and I could not stop yelling. Each time I yelled, the kids laughed. J
These kids took me back into my childhood days, where my friends and I used to play similar pranks on people, unaware of the fact that in future, someone would play similar pranks on us.:)

 
The kids were euphoric. They smiled, hugged, and waved a good bye to me.
Well…I smiled back at them, said good-bye, and then drove off to office. I was almost an hour late for office. However, I knew it was worth.  


It is good to be childish for a while. Isn’t it?

3 comments:

  1. yes it is good....we should be childish sometimes no matter what....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... That was fun... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmmmmm........... was quite a detailed explanation... i am sure you enjoyed the moment thoroughly.. what touched me is the fact that you didnt mind to spend some time with the kids and bring smile in their face... very motherly indeed...

    ReplyDelete